We are delighted that the UK government have announced that the next stage of Covid-19 restriction easing will go ahead next week as planned.
So what can you do in Manchester from next week?
From Monday 17th May 2021 the following will be allowed in England:
– People can meet in groups of up to 30 outdoors.
– Indoor entertainment and attractions such as cinemas, theatres, concert halls, bowling alleys, casinos, amusement arcades, museums and children’s indoor play areas will be permitted to open with COVID-secure measures in place.
– People will be able to attend indoor and outdoor events, including live performances, sporting events and business events. Attendance at these events will be capped according to venue type, and attendees should follow the COVID-secure measures set out by those venues.
– Indoor hospitality venues such as restaurants, pubs, bars and cafes can reopen.
– Organised indoor sport will be able to take place for all (this includes gym classes). This must be organised by a business, charity or public body and the organiser must take reasonable measures to reduce the risk of transmission.
– All holiday accommodation will be open (including hotels and B&Bs). This can be used by groups of up to 6 or 2 households (each household can include a support bubble, if eligible).
Please see full details on the UK government website.
And we will once again be able to offer full day excursions on the weekend for our students! Smile adventures will be offering day trips to wonderful locations such as the Lake District, York, the Peak District and North Wales. There is always something new to explore in and around Manchester! The first trip will be to the Lake District on Saturday 22nd May.