Extra Clubs and Lessons
At IH Manchester we specialise in preparing students for the IELTS exam.
As well as offering general English lessons and exam preparation lessons, we offer students studying for the IELTS exam at IH Manchester much more, including:
– Free access to our online learning platform “IH Campus”, where you can find lots of online practice activities and tips for general English and the IELTS exam.
– Free membership to our unique IELTS Club, including access to past IELTS exam papers with feedback and useful IELTS exam tips provided.
– Free practise for the IELTS spoken exam run by a qualified and experienced IELTS examiner, before you take the exam.
About the club:
- Every Tuesday and Thursday (apart from school holidays – please click here for full details)
- £5.00 per session (or free to IH Manchester students)
Do you need help finding work in Manchester?
IH Manchester now offers a job club twice a week.
We can help with:
*Getting a National Insurance number
*Writing your CV / curriculum or resume
*Online job applications
Please note – it is the student’s and their employer’s responsibility to check that an individual student is legally permitted to work in the UK. We cannot guarantee that students will go on to successfully gain work following job club
An introduction to English spelling and pronunciation
Learn spelling rules and tips
Learn strategies for becoming a better speller
Practise spelling academic vocabulary
Please get in touch to book your place!
About the lessons:
- Wednesday and Thursdays
- Time 4.20pm – 5.20pm
- Location: International House Manchester
About the lessons:
- Minimum age 18
- 1.5 hours per classavailable in blocks of 6 lessons
- This course is suitable for students of all levels of English, except absolute beginners.
- £5.00 per session
English Language Lessons – Speaking, Correction and Vocabulary
Learn English with our evening classes. Do you need to improve your English for life and work in Manchester? Do you feel the quality of your English is a problem? Have you tried conversation classes but found them too relaxed, that you rarely learnt something new or that you didn’t get enough help from the teacher?
IH Manchester has the solution. An affordable, focused, hour and a half evening class designed to help people living and working in Manchester. In it you will:
• Have lots of speaking practice in well-structured activities.
• Get personal feedback from teachers so that you know, understand and are able to fix your most common language problems.
• Learn natural language so that you can communicate more successfully in English.