Suitable forEnglish levels – A2/B1 andB2/C1 (Global citizenship classes will be mixed level classes but with a limit of one level difference)
15 hours per week of English lessons
2 global citizen sessions per week including a visit to a local project
1 mid week social excursion per week
1 full day excursion each weekend
Standard homestay, half board Monday – Friday and full board at the weekends
Airport transfers on arrival and departure (Manchester airport)
E-book provided for English classes
The world is a changing place right now, and we all need to adapt to our new cultural environment. There are exciting opportunities available to anyone with the right skill sets and drive to achieve. The IH Manchester “Global Citizenship” course will help you to develop these skills and improve your global knowledge in order to successfully communicate with people from different countries around the world.
On this course you will:
· Develop critical thinking skills to better discuss important global topics
· Increase your cultural awareness and understanding of people from other countries
· Develop practical organisational skills through project work
· Improve your verbal and written communication to interact more effectively with people of other nationalities and cultures
· Prepare for future studies, work and life
-Sustainability and the Environment
-The Global Communicator
-Critical Thinking for the 21st Century
Team work, critical thinking and analytical skills, debate skills, presentation skills with PowerPoints, writing skills e.g. reports & emails, intercultural communicative competence, compiling questionnaires and interpreting data.
This course is available for 2,4 or 6 weeks.
Arrival dates for 4 week course:
Sunday 3rd July
Sunday 17th July
Book your English course!
Sign up for the IH Manchester newsletter
and SAVE 10% on your first booking!