Minimum 2 hours per week
1-7 weeks= £27.50 per hour / 8+ weeks= £25.00 per hour
- choose 2, 3 or 4 hours per week (1 hour a day)
- Suitable for age 16+
- Maximum 15 students per class
- Suitable for all levels of English (subject to availability)
- Available all year round, Monday to Friday (apart from school holidays)
- A focus on learning through real communication.
- Learner-centred classes with a focus on students’ interests, wants and needs.
- IH Manchester is part of the International House World Organisation. This is what we PROMISE our students
When you don’t have enough time for a full-time course, but still want to enjoy studying as part of a group.
Our classes provide a comfortable environment for you to learn and use new language. The course will help build your confidence when using English.
These classes are good for students who:
– want to fit classes around work, child-care or other commitments
– want to improve English for life in the UK
– want to improve their English for personal development
– want to improve their English for work
– want to use English for travel
– want to enjoy using English in daily life e.g. online, when reading, watching films/movies or listening to music
In these classes you will:
– learn vocabulary and grammar from your level
– practise skills in English
– have an opportunity to speak English with other students of your level
– get level-appropriate feedback and advice from a supportive teacher
– get access to extra online resources for study outside class
– learn how to study independently, so you have the skills to continue to improve after you have finished your classes.
What and how you will study?
International House Manchester uses a communicative-lexical approach meaning students are helped to use natural, real-life English effectively. We’ll work to make sure you can use the language rather than just know it. We want students to understand English grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, but more importantly we want students to be able to use the language we teach when they need to use it. Teachers will plan their lessons so there are lots of chances for the students to communicate in English, while feedback on performance will be provided during the lesson in a friendly, helpful way to improve accuracy while developing fluency.
Available Monday – Friday
9.15 – 10.15
10.30 – 11.30
11.45 – 12.45
13.45 – 14.45
15.00 – 16.00
Subject to availability.