Our general English lessons will help to give you confidence to use English in your every day life. Whatever you are using English for, we want you to love using it.
Prices: 1-7 weeks=£270.00 / 8+ weeks=£243.00
- Suitable for age 16+
- 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday for a full-time, intensive course
- Maximum 15 students per class
- This course is suitable for all levels of English (subject to availability)
- Follow a structured course plan
- A focus on learning through real communication.
- Learner-centred course with a focus on students’ interests, wants and needs.
- Available all year round (apart from school holidays)
- IH Manchester is part of the International House World Organisation. This is what we PROMISE our students
- All students who book at course will enjoy the benefits of IH Manchester’s Team VIP.
You want to be able to communicate easily and fluently in English because you are planning to live in the UK, use English in your work or daily life, or need English to go travelling.
This course is good for students who:
– want a full-time, intensive course
– want to improve their English for life in the UK
– want to improve their English for personal development
– want to study in English in the future
– want to improve their English for work
– want to use English for travel
– want to enjoy using English in daily life e.g. online, when reading, watching films/movies or listening to music
On this course you will:
– learn vocabulary and grammar from your level
– specific lessons to improve speaking, writing, listening and reading
– have an opportunity to speak English with other students of your level
– get level-appropriate feedback and advice from a supportive teacher
– follow weekly study plans designed to help you progress through the level
– get access to extra online resources for study outside class
– learn how to study independently, so you have the skills to continue to improve after you have finished your classes.
What and how you will study?
International House Manchester uses a communicative-lexical approach meaning students are helped to use natural, real-life English effectively. We’ll work to make sure you can use the language rather than just know it. We want students to understand English grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, but more importantly we want students to be able to use the language we teach when they need to use it. Teachers will plan their lessons so there are lots of chances for the students to communicate in English, while feedback on performance will be provided at appropriate stages of the lesson in a friendly, helpful way to improve accuracy while developing fluency.
Summer 2022 Timetable
General English Lessons:
09.00 – 10.00
10.15 – 11.15
11.30 – 12.30
General English, skills and IELTS lessons:
12.45 – 13.45
14.00 – 15.00
15.15 – 16.15
Class times at IH Manchester – Please note that group classes may be timetabled either during the morning or during the afternoon.
Students will be given their specific timetable after testing and induction on Arrival Day.
Subject to Availability.