General English + Voluntary Work Experience Placement
|English Lessons per week||15 hours|
|Maximum class size||15 students|
|Volunteering per week||Up to 16 hours per week|
|Dates and times||• Start any Monday
(apart from school holidays - Please click here to check dates )
• Classes take place Monday to Friday, 09.30 to 11.00 & 11.30 to 13.00
• Work experience take place Monday to Thursday, 14.00 to 18.00 .
|Duration||Minimum 8 weeks|
|Entry Requirements||Applicants need:
• at least a B1 level of English on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). please click here for more details
• an up-to-date CV, 2 references, and to complete a charity application form
• Before being accepted, your English level and suitability will be checked with an online level test and Skype interview.
Can we help? Get in touch!
Students on this course will study 15 hours of General English in the mornings and work in a local charity shop in the afternoons.
The main focus of the English classes will be communication and fluency, but there will be a mix of vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation in classes as well as lots of practice of the 4 skills, especially speaking. Students can expect to move up a full level on the CEFR after 150-200 hours of study. Of course, the extra English practice on the work experience will help a lot.
For volunteering, a student’s role will depend on his or her experience and English language level but everyone will be trained to work on the till, give advice to customers and work as part of a team and independently creating displays and processing donations.
This course will help you to:
*Improve your English
*Gain valuable work experience in Britain
*Practise your English in a real-life setting
*Learn valuable skills working in retail