General English Lessons
|Maximum class size||15 students|
|Hours of lessons per week||15, 20,25 or 30
(please see timetable below for class times.)
|Dates||Start any Monday
(apart from school holidays - Please click here t o check dates)
(standard or executive)
Residential student accommodation (age 18+)
|Entry Requirements||This course is suitable for students of all levels of English, except absolute beginners.|
Can we help? Get in touch!
Start your journey here!
This course is designed for all students who want to improve their English.
Following our 5 level syllabus our teachers will help you to improve your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in English. Our teachers also try to make it fun to learn English at IH Manchester.
About the Programme
– Carefully designed course content
– Our General English Programme combines intensive English language tuition with the opportunity for you to discover Manchester life and make new friends of different nationalities.
– Our teachers and staff are dedicated to helping each individual student improve their English language skills.
– We have comfortable classrooms and student lounge areas. Students can also attend sessions delivered by guest speakers.
– Fun and exciting trips and social activities are arranged for our students.
– Explore Manchester, the UK and make lots of new friends with the social programme, including two afternoon/evening trips or activities plus one full day excursion every week.
Our Course is good for students:
who want to improve their English but do not have a specific goal.
who are considering studying at an English medium university.
who want to begin to improve their English and then move to another more specific course later.
planning to spend a full academic year improving their language, study and subject skills in preparation for future studies.
who want to discover and enjoy life in Manchester.
Free University Placement Service (higher education advisory service)
Our independent UPS advisor will guide you through every stage of the application process.